May 3, 2012
- Editor's Note
- Mother's Day: Womanologie + $25 Lord & Taylor Gift
- Ringling Bros. at the XL Center with a Discount
- Caroline's Enchanted Garden Fairy Wizard Festival
- Free Comic Book Day May 5, 2012
- Robin Hood Festival Springtime Ren Faire Giveaway
- Macaroni Kid Daisy Cupcakes
- Kid Craft: Maracas for Cinco de Mayo
- Make Your Own Bubbles
- Memorial Day Parades 2012
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Find lessons, tutors, schools, and more
- Kids Eat Free and Cheap
- Favorite Birthday Party Locations
- Your Users Guide to Macaroni Kid
- Kids Bowl Free All Summer
There is a lot more to family fun with Macaroni Kid than you might think!
1. The calendar feature will allow you to see the whole month at a glance to see how you may want to plan ahead for events. The calendar has every event while the newsletter may contain highlights.
2. The white bar on the left side of the page is the table of contents for this week. You can jump to any of the articles or the events listings by clicking in there and you will still be in the current issue.
3. If you ever need to change your email address, you can hit reply on any newsletter and send me your new email address and I can change it for you.
4. Business Directory: This is the Yellow Pages for Families. All of your needs met right here, and some even offer specials for being a Macaroni Kid! Don't see a business that should be listed because it's great for families, just let me know!
5. The pink "My Macaroni" button that appears above the contents list is my favorite feature! You can click the plus sign (Add to My Macaroni) under any event listing and after you've selected all of the events that you are interested in, you can click the "My Macaroni" button and it will show your list, then you can download everything to a ".PDF" that you can save and/or print to take with you! Then you'll have all the details right at hand when you're on the road!
6. Build and be part of a great community resource at the Forum. You can find the forum on the left side of the site, under "Connect", right about the Facebook and Twitter buttons. Tell other moms your best tip for keeping your toddler quiet at the supermarket, answer a question, or ask a question like the best places to find ice cream, an indoor play area, or what events that are worth driving to. Ever wanted to know who loved their pediatrician or dance studio? New families move to our area everyday and we have new subscribers who are looking for great advice. Let's help each other out!
7. Support our sponsors. Sponsors make it possible for me to offer this free service to you. Each local ad is approved and added to the page by me, so I can assure you that they are safe to click through. Likewise, all national ads are approved by the home office. Of course, any transactions between you and the advertiser are the responsibility of the two parties involved and not myself or Macaroni Kid.
8. Comment on things you like or send me an email by replying to the newsletter so I know what kinds of things you like to read about. If you have any suggestions for articles, let me know!
10. Share Macaroni Kid with your friends. What parent isn't looking for ideas to keep the kids busy? Don't keep this to yourself! Plus, the bigger we get, the more features we can add! In your email weekly at the bottom of the page is an easy way to send to a friend! We love when you share!
11. SUBMIT AN EVENT, use this button to send us info for an event! We love finding out about great events!
12. There are several national newsletters available (Family Travel, National Newsletter, Macaroni Kid Eats, Military Families, Safety Announcements, Family Fitness etc.) and you can change your subscription preferences any time by re-entering your information in the subscribe form, as long as you use the same email address as the original subscription. (If you need to change the newsletter subscriptions AND email address, you can reply to the newsletter for all.) If I entered your information because you signed up at an event, you are only subscribed to the local newsletter. I am also happy to help if you need it!
13. Not All the Good Stuff is Up Here! Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of the newsletter where you can often find other great articles! Due to a large number of events in one week, the newsletter may be clipped short in your emailed newsletter. Click through to the website to see more great events and the remainder of your newsletter content!
14. If you are away on business, vacation or visiting friends in another city, make use of our Macaroni Kid sites throughout the country to see what is going on there! We have over 500! Simply go to www.macaronikid.com and choose the state you will be in and the drop down will show all the choices you have! If there is not one in a city you are planning to visit, let me know, maybe we can find a new publishing mom! I do love my job!
15. We have a Teen Section to keep the older kids busy. Remember that many of our activities are appropriate for the whole family, so check the regular listings, too.
16. Our Plan Ahead section will keep you organized for weeks ahead!
17. Tremendous giveaways and fun contests! You must be a subscriber of the newsletter and over 18 (you are, right?).
18. READ MORE: In the newsletter, only a portion of the article will show, click the "READ MORE" button in pink beneath what is showing and the whole article will be visible.
19. If you would like to look back at previous issues, scroll down a bit until you see "Past Southbury News" in the side bar on the left. This is below the Facebook and Twitter icons. You will go to a list of dates and you can choose which newsletter to look at. Click the Macaroni Kid logo at the top of the site to come back to the current newsletter.
20. Advertise with us and share all your family friendly business does with Richmond! We have many options, ALL are affordable and we can help create your perfect package! You can send a note to me who has been a great addition in our Community Outreach!
Questions, comments, just want to say hello or have a fun idea you would like to share? Contact me at [email protected]
Comment and tell me a cool tip you learned.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC