August 17, 2012
- Editor's Note
- The Bridgewater Country Fair is this Weekend!
- Kidologie is a Free, Fun Children's Fair
- Fun Facts about the Moon Landing
- Bacon Pancakes
- Zucchini Brownies
- Be Part of the Macaroni Kid Team
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Find lessons, tutors, schools, and more
- Free Summer Movies 2012
- Kids Eat Free and Cheap
- Favorite Birthday Party Locations
- Blue Star Museums Nearby: Free to Active Duty
- Pick Your Own Blueberries and other Fruit
- Free Outdoor Summer Concerts 2012
- Sunscreen Tips and Facts
- How to Take your Kids Camping
- Local Connecticut Farmers' Markets and Farm Stands
- Fruit Flower Snack
- Science Fun Summer Craft: Marshmallow Shooter
- Dial up the Sun
- Kids' Summer Reading Programs for 2012
- Your Users Guide to Macaroni Kid
- Kid Summer Craft & Water Play: Summer Sponge Bomb
- Kids Bowl Free All Summer
- Homemade Finger Paints
- Kid Summer Craft: Make Your own Moon Dough
- Kid's Healthy Summer Recipe: Stoplight Frozen Pops
- Make Your Own Bubbles
- Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
Summer approaches fast and moms everywhere are beginning to hear the sounds..."It's toooo hot to play outside"! Well, let the kids cool off a bit with this oh-so-easy and reusable summer time craft that will keep the kids cool all summer long!
Here's what you need!
For each splash bomb you'll need 3 plain kitchen sponges.
Bucket and water!
Take three sponges (be sure they are slightly damp. Most come damp but if they're too dry, lightly dampen them)
Take your scissors and cut the sponges lengthwise into five individual strips.
Stack them up as shown!
Then, simply tie a piece of the string around the center...
...and pull tightly!
Finished product! Trim off the ends after you double knot it!
Then let the games begin! Get buckets (or bowls) of water and have kids saturate ball and toss it back and forth to each other!
They'll squeal with delight!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC