As summer winds down, you may be wondering "where did the time go?" Well, I"m here to tell you that it's not over yet. There are a few more weeks left to finish that summer family bucket list or find some last minute family outings to do! Here are a few suggestions to fill the your August and September calendars!
1. Go for a Hike: Southbury is home to many great parks and hiking trails. Grab the family and make your way over to places like Kettletown State Park, Southford Falls or the Audubon Center and enjoy the beautiful scenery and a little exercise.
2. Attend a Carnival: As a child, our family trip to the state fair was one of my favorite summer traditions. Fortunately, our area is home to some of the best Connecticut fairs, like the Bethelehem Fair. Make the animals, music and fabulous food found at the Bethlehem fair part of your family tradition too!
3. Get some Ice Cream: If you're anything like me, you crossed this off your summer bucket list a long time ago! But if not, here are a few local hot spots to head to: Dairy Delite in Woodbury or Dubl Twister in Southbury.
4. Take a Swim: Southbury has a wonderful town pool right at Ballantine Park. They offer season passes as well as day passes. There is also a picnic area, and of course, a great playscape for the kids when they need a little break from the pool.
5. Take the Family to a Concert: Throughout the summer Southbury offers a concert series that is free and open to the public. Grab the family, your picnic blanket and some snacks. You'll be sure enjoy a variety of music and have lots of fun while you're at it!