When you are busy with kids it's hard to get out of the house, schedule that date, and spend time with your significant other. That is why I think Valentine's Day is a great holiday! It's the perfect excuse to make time to do something fun and romantic with your spouse or partner. If you are at a loss for ideas this year, here are a few fun and local places/ideas to make this Valentine's Day or Valentine's week memorable.
1. Make a Dinner Date: Have you been to Ceviche Latin Kitchen, Max Prime, Johns Cafe, or Marketplace? These are great date night spots in our area that provide a romantic atmosphere for any couple looking for some time alone.
2. How About a Dessert Date Instead? Ummm...Did you know there is a dessert bar in Watertown? Well, there is, and it's amazing. It's called CBBG and they serve every dessert you would ever want and have some awesome Valentine's Day events coming up just for couples.
3. Plan a Last Minute "Getaway": Rather than a "date night" why not plan a "night away" right here in Southbury? Stay in a cozy bed and breakfast like The Evergreen Inn or relax at the Heritage Hotel. You don't have to go far for a little R&R.
4. Couples Spa Day: Go get a massage, take a yoga class or experience the opportunity to relax at Salt of the Earth in Woodbury. They offer a variety of services including use of their Himalayan Salt Cave. It's quite a unique experience if you've never done it before and definitely worth it!
5. A Night at the Movies: Now that we have a movie theater in town, why not use it! Check out Riverview Cinemas and Playhouse website for a complete list of showtimes.
6. Need More Inspiration? Check out this article for more ideas to make this Valentine's Day and everyday with your spouse special.