I love simple, make-ahead meals that I can serve my family on those cold winter days when we're juggling school and about a million other responsibilities. This six-ingredient potato soup slow cooker recipe is super simple and easy to make. It requires no roux, blending, or chopping up potatoes because it includes a bag of frozen, pre-shredded hashbrowns.
Here's how to make an easy slow cooker potato soup that is filling, delicious, and warms the soul:
Easy slow cooker potato soup
- 32 oz. package of frozen shredded hash browns
- 42 oz. of chicken broth
- 1 diced onion or 1.5 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 package cream cheese
- Shredded cheese
- Scallion or chives
- Bacon bits or diced cooked ham
- Combine all ingredients, except for the cream cheese, into your slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- About 1 hour before completion, add in the cream cheese and stir.
Serve with a crisp green side salad and a loaf of crusty bread, and enjoy!
Helen Partlow is the publisher of Macaroni KID Greater Port Jefferson, N.Y.